Monday, July 28, 2008

Hot Water!!!!!!!!! Got any????

Well today a new hot water tank was installed today by my husband and a buddy... It was a true treat to sit here and listen to them. I can never truly tell what my husbands thoughts are when it comes to working with this buddy around the house. I get the impression that he is either in awe or is just purely filled with envy about the tools this buddy has and what can be done with them. Now I am not saying that my husband does not have some cool tools, but it seems the buddy had better ones. You know he saying, "A boy and his toys", well this buddy is in the home repair trade and he always seems to have something my husband does not. Now the really nice thing about this is that my husband does not come to me all the time and say "I gotta get that", but there are times when he does! I really can't wait to hear what it is this time. I find it humorous to have my true blue one of a kind geek working around the house at times. There also are times when I sometimes shutter to see what he is doing, but of course he most likely feels the same about me when I get going on projects around here. Their comments to one another are so funny. You should be a bug on the wall when they are together!

Anyway, I am up at 6 o'clock this morning taking everything completely out of the pantry, I ran the carpet cleaner to suck up any remaining water - there was still a lot of it in the carpet. We got lucky because of the shelving, therefore I did not have to remove the foods from there until this morning. I also had already removed anything and everything that got wet last night and got rid of it, so there really was not to much to do except get up as much water as possible. We got the kids up to start the day and then just as I am finishing getting one daughter up, the phone rings and it is the buddy. My husband calls up the stairs to tell me that he is leaving to take our oldest to work along with her boyfriend and a foreign exchange student. He also tells me that his buddy will be here in 5 minutes. OH GREAT! at this point I'm not even dressed. I ask him to stay here just until I though on some clothes. The next thing I know is that my mom calls to find out where we are with the kids. She thought we would all be coming over to take a shower. I explained that we were not doing that as one had swimming today and the other was already at work. I was hanging out here until we could get everything taken care of. I told her that my husband and his buddy were doing the replacement and that we should be back up and running within the next hour. This must have really set her off.... I could hear it on the phone and I could see it when I stopped over there before dropping my youngest off at summer camp. We had to pick up her bathing suit. I really thought she was going to blow at me for something, but my dad was there and he just said to let it go.... and it was gone..... I really can't wait to get into a nice warm shower....

No comments: